Hello!
I’m excited to be joining you this week as guest designer for Seize the Birthday!
This week’s theme is “Green.” I originally was thinking of evergreens and trees, but then I grabbed this quirky little snail and fun bringing him to life! Isn’t he great? 💕
Card Details:
The star of this card is the snail from Unity stamps called “Snailed It.”
I stamped onto Fabriano Mixed Media paper in Evening Evergreen Ink (SU), and watercolored using a Gumball Green Marker on a glass media mat, with an aquapen.
For my panel, I used Unity’s Postage Stamp Die set, with a green polka dot sheet of paper from Unity’s Domestic Goddess Paper Pack.
I lined the two pieces together, and cut using the postage stamp die.
A strip of Evening Evergreen (SU) was positioned as a border, and trimmed one more time using the die.
I liked the bold script from Stampin’ Up’s On the Horizon Set, and stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink.
The snail was fussy-cut and popped up using mini foam squares (SSS), onto a holographic circle cut from Nature’s Spotlight Die set (SU).
The smaller holographic circle was slipped underneath the popped up snail, and a few iridescent gems were added as embellishment.
I can’t wait to see all of your creations! - Valerie Kaye



Valerie, your little snail is so sweet with your green patch. Fun card. Congrats on being our Surprise party guest.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your win and welcome to Seize the Birthday. This is a fun card with your quirky little snail. I just love him great idea to make your card around him.
ReplyDeleteBarbara
What a fun card, the snail is so cute and perfect in amongst the greens, thankyou for guesting with us at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun card and a beautiful design! Thanks for being our GD:)
ReplyDeleteI have been on vacation but wanted to come by and give you a proper welcome. Happy to have you with us at Seize the Birthday. You already know I love your cute card.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun card. Love that cute snail. Glad to have you guesting with us at STB.
ReplyDeleteThat snail sure is the star!! I love the sentiment that goes well with the snail. Thank you so much for this fun inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThat snail is so adorable! Perfect for the challenge and I really like your layout too. So happy to have joining us at Seize the Birthday.
ReplyDeleteOh, that snail is adorable, much nicer than a live one, and perfect for the challenge! Thanks for being our guest designer at Seize The Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies for the wonderful opportunity! I had such a blast being a guest at Seize The Birthday! 🎂 🥰
ReplyDelete