Hello!
Today I did not have a clear idea when I headed into the craft room, but I started looking through some saved videos and found the perfect solution.
I found this video from Kylie Bertucci. She demonstrates a fabulous way of using up scrap paper.
Watch the video (HERE)
You will need 5 - pieces of paper measuring 2 3/8” x 1 1/8” and 2 pieces measuring 1 1/8”x 1 1/8”.
I actual had some small scraps in a ziploc bag that I grouped together by colors.
I decided to make more of a monochromatic look and pieced scraps from Stampin Up’s - Specialty Paper called Oh Holy Night.
Following Kylie’s template, I pieced my papers onto a rectangular frame, and trimmed the white border away. I found using an Elmer’s glue stick very forgiving if you needed to wiggle edges into alignment.
I added the circle die from Simon Says Stamp called - Forest Ring mounted the dove from (SU) - Peaceful Dove set.
The Peace - die is from Altenew. I cut 3 - words from Night of Navy card stock and glued them together across the center.
The panel was mounted onto a silver foil mat, measuring approximately. 4 x 5 1/4”. The card base is Night of Navy Card stock.
Challenges: Click on the Blue Link to play along!
A Cut Above (Anything Goes)
AUD Sentiments Blog #338 (Monochrome + Sentiment)
Give this scrap busting layout a try, you’ll love it!
Valerie Kaye 😊

This is a beautiful monochrome Christmas card! What a great way to use scraps too. Love the wreath with the pine trees and that magnificent sentiment. Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's June Challenge. So happy to have you play along.
ReplyDelete