Hello!
Today’s card is all about sand and sun! I was inspired from the mood board from this month’s Four Seasons Challenge: Summer.
To join in on the fun, click the link (HERE)
For my card, I used a piece of watercolor paper and a large paint brush to add a light wash of color for the sky.
I continued to drop in more shades of blues to mimic waves, and dropped a few splotches of plain water to remove a little color.
For the sand, I loosely added Crumbcake ink, and allowed the paper to partially dry. I used a sponge to pounce a little texture to the sand, and a few flicks of the brush for pebbles.
While the paper was damp, I embossed with (SU) Subtle Textures (EF).
The beach chair was stamped in Misty Moonlight ink (SU), and watercolored with a fine tip round brush.
For the card design, I used this sketch from My Favorite Things (Sketch #268) - found on Pinterest.
I trimmed up the background and used a square cutting die for less white space. The image was matted with Misty Moonlight cardstock (SU).
The sentiment was stamped underneath using a stamp platform.
Supplies:
Beach chair image: Unity - Kit of the Month - Summer Vibes - (May 2021)
Sentiment: Unity - Kit of the Month - Fresh Air and Sunshine - (July 2022)
Paper: Fabriano - Mixed Media Paper - Michael’s
Misty Moonlight card stock - Stampin Up
Inks:
Stampin Up - Misty Moonlight, Dapper Denim, Crumbcake, Coastal Cabana
Accessories:
Embossing Folder - Subtle Textures - Stampin Up
1 inch flat paint brush (size 1), small round paintbrush (size 2)
Thanks for stopping by! - Valerie Kaye



A pretty summery and relaxing card!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons} Co-Owner