Hello!
Sunday is drawing to a close. It looks like we finally had a day to dry out from the severe weather earlier in the week.
I had time to sit and watercolor and pencil today. I was specifically looking for flowers with foxglove and this digital stamp from Power Poppy had Iris and Hollyhock which frequent my garden.
This digital stamp is from Marcella Hawley called Pure Fragrance.
To visit her shop, visit the link
I began my card by trimming down a sheet of Mixed Media Paper to 8 1/2 x 11 inches. (Fabriano-Master’s Touch 110#)
*Prep printed image with a fixative, such as a light mist of hairspray to help the ink jet ink from bleeding.
I used Avery Templates and label website to size and copy my image. I found a postcard template which prints on 1 side measuring 4 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches.
I started by under painting with re-inkers for my watercolors. I started with Coastal Cabana (SU) as the background, then worked on the flowers and greenery using these shades:
(Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, and Orchid Oasis) SU
I Then moved onto shading the petals and bottle with Prisma color pencils.
The focal image was cut with Citrus Blooms cutting die - from Stampin Up then added to a Hammermill white #110 cardstock base.
A few highlights were added with white acrylic paint.
The label of the perfume bottle was stamped “Mom” from Avery Elle - Hats Off stamp set with Kraft White ink (SU).
Card Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Monday - Bright and Cheerful
Seize The Birthday #324 - Spring Garden
Thanks for stopping by! - Valerie Kaye


You did a fabulous job water coloring this image. I especially noted how you made the glass looks so real. I can attest to your coloring because I've colored this image often but I've used Copic markers instead. We at Seize the Birthday appreciate your entry.
ReplyDeleteBarbara DT