I was really excited to watercolor today! This card is inspired from the mood board from Handstamped Sentiments - Challenge #483.
To join in on the fun, click the challenge link
The bottom center flowers remind me of a delicate flower in my garden called Flax. It is very small, but so resilient. I started it from seed, and always look forward to its reappearance in the warmer months.
For this card, I chose the main floral image Unity’s - Sending Hugs stamp set.
I cut a panel from Fabarano - Mixed Media paper and lightly wet the paper with an aquapen.
I stamped with Smoky Slate (SU). I left the paper and stamp in place, and added Seaside Spray (SU) . A Gumball Green (SU) marker was used for the stems and leaves.
Keeping the paper and stamp in place, I used a yellow marker to ink the centers of the flowers and re-stamp over the same image. I also re inked a little extra Smoky Slate to re-define edges.
A mask was used to cover the main image, and extra florals from Unity’s - October 2022 - Change and Direction kit, was stamped as the background.
The “Hello” sentiment is from - Unity’s - November 2024 - Every Step of the Way Kit. It was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
A sheer bow was added to the top, and a left over butterfly was added to the flower.
The panel was embossed with , in Almost Amethyst (SU) - cardstock
This is an A2- top folding card
Thanks for stopping by! - Valerie Kaye


Oh, so very pretty!! The scalloped die, the "lacy" background, sheer ribbon, and the lovely flower all combined into one beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!
ReplyDelete