Hello!
We are currently hunkered down today waiting for the winter storm to pass. Midwest in the Spring can have some ferocious weather.
At any rate, I can sow seeds inside and color flowers until the weather decides to warm up.
Today’s theme from Addicted to Clean and Simple is “Garden”
To play along, click the link (HERE)
And- Crafty Calendar Challenge - March Theme:Spring
Play along (HERE)
My garden has more flowers than vegetables. but it’s a labor of love.
Some of the favorites in my garden are canterbury bells, and hollyhocks that I started from seed.
For my card today I chose pretty daffodils from Angie Bloom
Digital Designs.
To see more of her work, (CLICK HERE)
My card is a A2-Horizontal top folding card.
I cut a piece of Fabarino Mixed Media Paper down to 8 1/2 x 11 inches and printed on my HP - Printer.
To overcome the ink bleeding, I sprayed hairspray as a fixative. You can use other products, but hairspray always works!
The Graphics Fairy has an article on watercoloring printed images that is very helpful.
The panel was watercolored with markers, and then once dried fine details added with the fine tipped ends,
The panel was cut with an arch die and trimmed with a Basic Black arch frame. The Background I initially used a marker, but I went over with a Prisma color pencil #992 - Light Aqua.
The Sentiment from SU-Tasteful Labels was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black Ink
The card was adhered to Hammermill White 110# cardstock base.
Thanks for stopping by! - Valerie Kaye


This is beautiful! Love the colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully coloured - a really striking design.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.
Helen x
DT