Hello!
My stamps arrived yesterday and I could not resist playing with this new stamp.
Unity just released some beautiful stamps that could be used for several inspirational , and religious occasions.
I was very fond of this image because I will use it for Easter, New Baby, Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation cards. (So many uses! 🥰)
If you would like this stamp for yourself, (SHOP HERE)
To make this card, I began with rich shades of copper and pecan.
I stamped the image using Early Espresso Ink (SU) onto mixed media paper. I water colored in a few places using Dusty Durango ink (SU), and a Dark Brown Derwent watercolor pencil, and used an oval die with a deckled edge to cut out.
For the flesh tones, I used a marker and scribbled on my glass media mat and picked up the color with an aqua pen.
For the background, I wanted very worn looking paper. I started with embossing with Old World Paper (EF) - (SU), but actually just crumpled the paper with my hands.
I stamped a few textures from the October Kit of the Month Change and Direction. Then, I swiped an ink pad in a few places directly across and along the edges.
I curled the corner with a pen and then made very small tears on the corners and along the edges.
The panel was adhered mostly in the center to keep the dimension of the paper.
The sentiment was stamped with Early Espresso ink and then the edges were distressed and anchored into place with twine.
Have a great weekend! - Valerie Kaye



Comments
Post a Comment