How do you design a Valentine card for a guy?
Masculine cards can be a bit of a challenge in general, especially for Valentine’s Day.
Here are a few cards I’ve made in the past for my Hubs special occasions.
Card 1: Heart Carved in a Tree
This was one of my first V-day cards that I made. For This card, there was no pink! I used kraft card-stock, a wood grain background stamp, and a Spellbinders nesting heart die. The alphabet letters came from A-Muse studio.
Card 2:
This card is more of the traditional colors, but you could easily change the background to newsprint or other masculine prints.
I stamped a red background stamp. on reddish paper for a tone on tone look.
The tiny envelope was anchored by the gold embroidery floss.
Card 3:
This card was a “love/birthday.” The set is from Stampin Up called Friendly Seagulls. I glued some bright strips on to a scrap of cardstock, and then used a die to cut and added the border edge.
The seagull was colored with pencils, and die cut.
The sentiment was placed with a stamp platform for perfect placement.
Card 4:
This card was made with the Fancy Foot Work stamp set from Paper Trey Ink.
With a couple of punches and some decorative paper, this card came together pretty quickly.
Card 5:
A clean and simple card, this card uses The Geo Frames from Altenew, and the bulb and sentiment came from A-Muse Designs Sampler 3.
Thanks for stopping by! - Valerie Kaye





Comments
Post a Comment