I came across a really unique way of building a scene, using an arched trifold design. If you have pretty papers that work together to create a scene, you can really showcase them in a panoramic style fold.
This beautiful scenic paper is called One Horse Open Sleigh (SU). I really wanted a winter scene and found three pieces of paper that were all very similar in color.
I paired the paper with Unity’s new to me- “…a Beauty All Its Own.” (Shop Here) This sweet stamp can be used for Fall or Winter, by simply making a few changes to the color of the coat, or adding leaves or snowflakes. I stamped the little girl in a dark brown ink (Early Espresso-SU), and loosely colored with markers.
To make this card, I used 6 - large arch cutting dies, and 3 - of the second largest to cut the patterned paper. 2 - connecting pieces were cut 3 x 2 inches and scored at 1 inch. (SU-Poppy Parade card stock)
This was the video I watched that inspired this card. - I had a hard time seeing the back, so I decided to sandwhich my connecting pieces with a second piece of cardstock on the back. I thought it gave a little more of a finished look. Go here to see more of the assembly process. Once you watch it, it’s pretty easy to put together. Video Link
Unity gifted a little snowflake as a “thank you,” and it was the perfect embellishment to finish off the card.
Card 2:
I also tried a second version, with a single fold. This version was stamped in Ranger - Archival Sepia Ink and watercolored with stamp ink (Rococo Rose, Crumbcake - SU) A little faster assembly, but still a fun way to build a scene. (Video Here)
Using different papers from the same pack, I created more of a sunny winter scene.
I changed up the colors to a soft pink and taupe color, and applied with an aquapen.
Inside:
Challenges:
Hearts Quest Celebration of Love #12 - (Shaped Card) (Link Here)
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge- Something New
Thanks for stopping by! - Valerie Kaye






These trifold cards are lovely! Wonderful little scenes! You are the winner of our Something New challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog. Congratulations! Please send an email to the challenge email address (you can find it in the sidebar of the challenge blog), and be sure to include your full name so that we can get your voucher to you.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us! / Anna-Karin