Good Morning!
Today’s card is for Freshly Made Sketches #719. To play along, follow the link (HERE)
The idea for the cabin and beautiful purple sky came from a watercolor painting that someone posted on Facebook.
Unfortunately, I’m not sure who to credit because no signature or author was listed, but thank you for the idea!
Card Assembly:
To make this card, I began with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 panel of multi media paper. The edges were taped down with washi tape, and the paper was wet down with a brush.
I dropped in shades of purples and yellows with these colors:
Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Rich Razzelberry, Orchid Oasis and Balmy Blue (SU)
I pulled out an older block stamp from Inkadoo with a cabin and trees.
For placement, I stamped on a left over laminated sheet scrap as a viewfinder, and stamped in Early Espresso Ink.
I cut the panel with SU- Country Corners die, and then embossed with a canvas style embosding folder.
Evergreen trees were stamped to the left and right of the cabin in Orchid Oasis ink.
For the background, I cut a second panel of multi media paper 4 x 5 1/4, and Embossed with SU- Evergreen Forest Embosding folder.
I found Dapper Denim cardstock coordinated nicely, so a strip 1 1/4 x 4 inches.
Thanks for stopping by! - Valerie Kaye



Your sky looks amazing! Wonderful card and fabulous inspiration piece. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
ReplyDelete