Hello!
We woke up to snow flakes and gray skies this morning. It was the perfect atmosphere to “build” a snowman with paper. lol.
The color palette chosen is part of the current Color Hues Challenge #124. To play along, please visit the link (HERE)
Assembly:
To make this card, I began with an older Memory Box snowman that cuts a sillouette.
(Memory Box 100% Steel Charming Snowman Collage Cutting Die- 94498)
I cut a small panel from Smoky Slate (SU) cardstock. I used a scrap of white to cut the sillouette, and then used the same rectangular mat due to cut around. The two pieces were stacked together to show the gray shadow underneath.
The snowman was embellished with wiping Versamark ink direct to paper and heat embossed with Ranger Snowflake tinsel embossing powder. I took my finger and brushed away a little, just to provide a little highlight along the edge.
The sentiment from Gina K. Designs - Hand Lettered Holiday was heat embossed on a scrap of Cherry Cobbler (SU) cardstock.
I cut another rectangular mat, and embossed with Stampin Up’s Timeworn Type Embossing Folder.
To finish off the card, a small bow was added to embellish the snowman.
Thanks for stopping by! - Valerie Kaye


The EF is a perfect texture for your sweet snowman card. The twin bow as a nice touch too! Thanks for playing at Color Hues.
ReplyDeleteIt was certainly snowman building weather here earlier this week but sadly none were built but there was plenty of sledging! The subtle use of grey against the glittery body of the snowman works really well. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)
ReplyDeleteLove this snowman and the sparkles, Valerie! This is the best kind of snowman as your mittens don't get wet and cold! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Color Hues! (I would love to see some snow falling outside my window!)
ReplyDelete