Hello!
Today’s card is for 2 challenges:
Double D’s challenge is to use the inspiration board for ideas. I reached for an older Stampin Up set called “Friends are Like Seashells” to create this “Birthday”card. Happy Birthday Diane and Darlene 🥳🎂
Please follow the link (HERE)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is to Emboss - to play along, please follow the link (HERE)
Card Assembly:
This card measures 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches. The card base might be Misty Moonlight from -SU.
I began with a panel of multi media paper and embossed with the Bark Embossing folder from Stampin Up. When you turn the pattern sideways, it reminded me of ocean waves.
I Used a sheet of DSP from SU- Called Sand and Sea.
I wanted a particular section of the paper design, so in order to save waste, I cut a clear scrap of laminated sheet measuring 1 1 3/4 x 5 1/4. This way, I can see exactly the pattern where I want to cut. Just trace with a pencil, or cut along the edge with your trimmer. (Tip from Sunny Day Studio)
The sea shell and starfish were stamped in Sea Side Spray, and Crumbcake Ink (SU), then die cut. The sentiment was stamped in Misty Moonlight ink (SU) inside the panel with a stamp platform.
3 - Opal rounds were added for a little embellishment. The sparkle on the opal rounds looks like water drops on the paper.
Maybe I need a vacation…🤣
Thanks for stopping by! - Valerie Kaye


This is so nice with the embossing and a great watercolored strip.
ReplyDeleteLia DT DD