Skip to main content

Just a Note

 Greetings! 

Thank you for stopping by.  I had another idea using the current sketch for Freshly Made Sketches #757 and created a second card with the same layout. 

To join in on the fun, click the link (HERE)

I often save many of these visual designs to help arrange stamps and sentiments, and they have really boosted my creativity.  



My second idea was to create something that looked like a legal pad with a note attached to the top.  

I started by looking for a soft yellow pastel shade, and used a stamp platform to position the Simon Says Stamp - Handwriting Paper Background stamp with Rococo Rose ink (SU).

It looks like the background stamp is retired, but this current stamp would work even better! 

(SHOP HERE)

Next, I stamped “Just a Note” at the top of my card base in Versa fine Onyx black ink   

The stamps and dies used are from Paper Trey Ink’s - Just Notes Set.

(SHOP HERE)

I started with a basic tag that was in a light blue color and stamped the note pad lines with Baja Breeze ink (SU).

The bullet hearts were stamped in a brighter shade of Polished Pink ink (SU).

“Thank you” “for all you do” was stamped in Versafine Onyx black ink. 

The tape was stamped with a scrap and stapled acrosd the top of the note.  

The masking  tape was a piece of scotch tape attached to a piece of scrap stamp backing, that was die cut and attached with hypo cement.  

The arrow flag, was cut with Poppy Parade (one of my favorite colors!) -SU.

See you soon! - Valerie Kaye




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Fun Fold

Hello!  I saw a great technique today, that is a Z - fold card with a cross design. The card technique is from Lynn Dunn.  She has both a video and a very helpful download with all the measurements.  Thanks Lynn!  This is a great card for many occasions!  What I like about this design is that the cross is very prominent by the Z-Fold. You can find Lynn’s link:  (Here)   One of the most helpful tools for this project is a simple engineering ruler.  I watched a video from Jennifer McGuire a while back, and it’s a tool she uses often.   I ordered it, and it makes life so much easier.  This ruler is easy to read with all of the markings.  It has both metric and standard markings. (Amazon Link) I looked through my papers and made this card with Stampin Up’s Thoughtful Journey DSP.   The embossed cross pattern is from an Anna Griffin - Border embossing folder.  The pattern is called Blooming Damask.   The sentiment is from ...

Positively Peanuts!

 Hello!  The current challenge for the Double D Blog is Love and friendship.   To join in on the challenge: click the link  (HERE) I couldn’t think of a better friendship than Snoopy and Woodstock’s!  I was gifted the Creative Stamping Magazine, issue 156 from my Sister In Law!  I had kind of given up on these stamps, and she happened to see the magazine sitting on the shelf in the bookstore, and was nice to gift me the magazine.   To create this shaker card, I used a frame cutting die from the Past Unity Stamps Whit Kit (No Place Like Home).  I stacked  2 - panels for the top, and 4 - panels for the bottom, using Unity’s Basic Black cards stock. The bottom frame was glued to a slightly larger frame cutting die from Coastal Cabana card stock (SU). The hearts were added from a mini paper punch, with a few extra small beads.   Snoopy and Woodstock were stamped with Versa fine onyx black ink, colored and fussy cut.  I stamped the senti...

Blue Door Wreath

 Hello! Today was the first day I played with my Greetery, Shortbread Embossing Folder!   My parents usually visit close to the Holidays to celebrate a birthday and exchange gifts with one another.   My Mom graciously gave me a card with money, so I online shopped with the Greetery to pick up some things I had been eyeing.  (Thanks, Mom! ❤️) I started by cutting the Shortbread outline with the coordinating die first, then lining the the cut piece up and embossing as usual. For the card base, I cut a side folding A2 sized card.  I took the Shortbread Shapes die, letting the cutting edge hang off the crease.   I adhered the embossed panel on top, and trimmed the bottom edge. For the wreath: I started by cutting the outline with two nesting half circle dies, and taping one inside the other. Then I grabbed 3 -shades of scrap blue cardstock (Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight, and Night of Navy) - SU and cut leaves from an older Concord and 9th Christmas Set. The fu...