Hello!
Today was the first day I played with my Greetery, Shortbread Embossing Folder!
My parents usually visit close to the Holidays to celebrate a birthday and exchange gifts with one another.
My Mom graciously gave me a card with money, so I online shopped with the Greetery to pick up some things I had been eyeing. (Thanks, Mom! ❤️)
I started by cutting the Shortbread outline with the coordinating die first, then lining the the cut piece up and embossing as usual.
For the card base, I cut a side folding A2 sized card. I took the Shortbread Shapes die, letting the cutting edge hang off the crease.
I adhered the embossed panel on top, and trimmed the bottom edge.
For the wreath:
I started by cutting the outline with two nesting half circle dies, and taping one inside the other.
Then I grabbed 3 -shades of scrap blue cardstock (Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight, and Night of Navy) - SU and cut leaves from an older Concord and 9th Christmas Set.
The fun part is, you can layer as much or as little as you like!
I added larger navy leaves on the underside, medium blue leaves to the middle and light blue on the top inside edges.
When the wreath was finished, I used hot glue to the back for a secure hold.
The sentiment is from The Greetery - Simple Holiday Mini Sentiments. I cut a small banner and stamped in Versa Fine Onyx Black Ink.
A Night of Navy bow was added to the wreath for embellishment.
This card is for these Challenges:
Can You Handle The Pressure: (Monochromatic with a twist of Blue)
Play along, click (HERE)
Atlantic Hearts Sketches #677- (I rotated the half circle to the top of my card)
Play along, click (HERE)
Spring Into Christmas Linky Party
Join the fun, (HERE)



Stunning card, Valerie! I love the embossed background and the beautiful blue wreath! Thanks for sharing with the {BYSHC} Spring into Christmas Linky Party!
ReplyDeleteThis is just gorgeous, Valerie! That embossing folder is fabulous and the shape you have made with your card and then draped the blue wreath - so creative and lovely!
ReplyDeleteVery unique and pretty. Love that blue ribbon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card! Thanks for joining the Spring in to Christmas Linky Party fun and for using the sketch at Atlantic Hearts!!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty!! Love that die! Thanks for sharing at AHS!!
ReplyDeleteGreat interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful wreath, Valerie! Thanks for playing along BYSHC Spring into Christmas Linky Party!
ReplyDeleteI love how you let the embossing folder do the heavy lifting for the squares, it is a great cheat! Your card is stunning! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).
ReplyDeleteBrandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
What a stunning way to use our sketch! The embossed panels are gorgeous as is the wreath! Thanks for sharing this with us at Atlantic Hearts this week!
ReplyDelete